OK, to be honest. I’m not writing much of this post today. Others have done it for me. I have been collecting resume gaffes for years now. Here are 7. I have provided you a link at the bottom of the post for many more. Enjoy! (Keep a spreadsheet on your computer so you can switch screens when the boss wanders by!) BTW, don’t think resume gaffs don’t happen to ‘the rest of us.’ Check your work. Don’t simply trust spell check or auto complete.
- “I have a bachelorette degree in computers.”
- “Work Experience: Dealing with customers’ conflicts that arouse.”
- “Accomplishments: Completed 11 years of high school.”
- “Excellent memory; strong math aptitude; excellent memory; effective management skills; and very good at math.”
- “Received a plague for Salesperson of the Year.”
- “Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions.”
- “Instrumental in ruining entire operation for a Midwest chain store.”
And here’s a couple of wonderful statements from cover letters:
- “Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty!”
- “You are privileged to receive my resume.”
PS Please, please, please share any bloopers you know of!
Visit Jacob Share’s JobMob for a superior collection of bloopers.